This is a new, full-time position for a Senior UX Consultant who is comfortable and confident leading UX projects. We’ll ask you to take particular responsibility for the development of our Content Strategy product, and the delivery of Content Strategy as part of wider UX projects.
We’ve got offices in Bristol and London (Gray’s Inn Road); we’re open to applicants in either location.
In particular, we’ll ask you to:
1. Develop and share our content strategy product
- Develop and promulgate best practices in content strategy, including setting quality standards, implementing reviews and making process improvements.
- Work with our User Experience Directors (UXDs) to spot opportunities to improve content for our clients at both a strategic and detailed level.
- Work with UXDs to advise clients on what it takes to create, distribute, govern, and maintain content.
- Share best practices and latest thinking about content strategy with colleagues, including attending and presenting internal knowledge sharing sessions and developing and delivering internal training around content strategy.
- Create and own a plan for the development of our content strategy product; regularly attend Board Meetings to present this plan and drive it forwards.
- Make use of appropriate research materials to ensure your skills and knowledge remain current.
- Represent cxpartners, and in particular our content strategy product, on the global UX scene; attend and speak at conferences; write articles and blog, both for us and for others. Our writing appears regularly in Smashing Mag, Net and the like.
2. Deliver Content Strategy projects
- Shape the content strategy across large-scale digital projects from initial strategy, to implementation, and post-launch optimization.
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure content needs are considered throughout the project lifecycle.
- Lead content-related workshops, interviews and tests with clients and users.
- Develop and deliver content road maps, content audits, workflows, editorial strategies and other content strategy deliverables.
- Drive quantitative and qualitative testing of content and identify and prioritize areas for improvement.
3. Manage and deliver a range of other UX projects with existing clients, including:
- Conduct usability tests, research, expert reviews and surveys
- Run workshops and interviews with our clients
- Gather business and user requirements
- Create wireframes, user journeys, personas, information architecture, reports and other deliverables
- Work with our Design and Development teams to ensure quality of delivery and UX focus in later stages of our projects.
In everything you do, you’ll need to present us beautifully and to reflect our values to our clients: making the complex, simple; bringing ideas to life through storytelling; listening carefully – because we love our clients; speaking plainly and directly; helping our clients to grow their businesses through serving their users.
We’ll need you to have (and to show evidence of):
- Detailed knowledge and at least three years’ practical experience of user experience methodology and practices, and in particular of content strategy projects and deliverables, including editorial or writing experience.
- Exceptional writing, listening, and strategic thinking skills.
- A highly professional appearance, and the natural ability to command presence.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the natural ability to communicate effectively internally and externally, and to develop relationships in a confident and friendly manner.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A degree, probably in one of the following area: Computing Science, HCI, Business, Psychology or Design.
- The right to live and work in UK.
In return, we’ll offer you a great package with a bonus scheme, 25 days holiday, and benefits including a mobile phone of your choice, a cash back healthcare scheme, a pension plan to which we’ll contribute, and a MacBook. We’ll support your personal development with an individual training/ conference budget of £1,000 per year, and, if relevant, we’ll support you in the writing of a UX book (so far, we’ve published 5 books between us).
If you’re interested, please email email@example.com with your CV and a portfolio.
cxpartners is a user centred design consultancy working with clients such as Channel 4, Clarks and Marriott to develop web and mobile experiences. Our projects take us all over the world and we’ve a global reputation as leading thinkers in this field. Nevertheless, we’re a small, friendly and informal team. We think we provide a great place to work and grow, and a fantastic place in which to further your career.