Bristol or London
Our User Experience Directors (UXDs) ensure we deliver fantastic work to our big name clients from a range of industries. As the senior UX practitioners in a user-centred design business, they are at the heart of everything we do. We ask them to set the vision for, and oversee the delivery of, our projects. Our projects are varied and range from strategic design research through to full website redesign and build, and we’re fortunate to work on projects that are interesting, innovative and user-centred. Our clients engage us because they value our excellence, our honesty and our expertise.
We ask our UXDs to build the senior client relationships within the business. You’ll get the chance to help our clients gain real business insight and make a measurable difference to their worlds.
As a UXD, you’ll be leading and mentoring a cross-disciplinary team of talented and motivated practitioners. You’ll help to set and communicate clear goals for projects, and ensure team members understand their own roles and responsibilities.
- Work with clients to help them use digital to best effect and meet their users’ needs through the delivery of excellent, innovative services
- Manage a number of existing client relationships, providing the senior client relationship and ensuring a high level of client satisfaction
- Take overall responsibility for the quality and UX focus of delivery.
- Take ownership of, and lead projects for, your clients.
- Take day-to-day responsibility for UX activities, from shaping and overseeing deliverables to hands-on production, for example:
- Evaluating user needs, preference and performance, for instance by conducting usability tests, research, expert reviews and surveys
- Analysing research and distilling the results into compelling materials such as task models, experience maps and design deliverables
- Eliciting stakeholder feedback and buy-in, for instance by running workshops and interviews with our clients
- Documenting the user experience, for instance by creating and presenting wireframes, user journeys, personas, information architecture, reports and other deliverables
- Coach and mentor team members on your projects
- Spot and develop opportunities for new business, and, alongside our Planning Director, prepare proposals for new work
- Represent cxpartners on the global UX scene; attend and speak at conferences; write articles and blog, both for us and for others, and engage in thoughtful, respectful discussion
We’ll need you to have (and to show evidence of) these skills:
- Detailed knowledge and at least seven years’ practical experience of user experience methodology and practices. This should include user research, requirements gathering, workshopping and UX design techniques.
- Experience of leading UX and multi-disciplinary teams researching, designing and building digital products, in a digital agency environment.
- Experience of working with client stakeholders to form projects and set a shared vision for those projects.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Interaction Design, or related field.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the natural ability to communicate effectively internally and externally, and to develop relationships in a confident and friendly manner.
- The right to live and work in UK.
We’ve offices in London and Bristol, and are looking for User Experience Directors in both locations.
In return, we’ll offer you a great package with a bonus scheme, 25 days holiday, and benefits including a smartphone of your choice, a cash back healthcare scheme and a pension plan to which we’ll contribute. We’ll support your personal development with an individual training/ conference budget of £1,200 per year, and, if relevant, we’ll support you in the writing of a UX book (so far, we’ve published 6 books between us).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV & portfolio.
cxpartners is a user centred design consultancy working with clients such as Channel 4, Cambridge University and Marriott to develop web and mobile experiences. Our projects take us all over the world and we’ve a global reputation as leading thinkers in this field. Nevertheless, we’re a small, friendly and informal team. We think we provide a great place to work and grow, and a fantastic place in which to further your career.